- Bullying and harassment of staff,
- Humiliating staff in meetings,
- Discrimination and noticeably favoring staff over others,
- Long absences from office without informing staff,
- Lack of transparency in use of school funds,
- Harassment of individuals who raise any objection to his plans or those who he perceives as threat,
- Micro management and total control of school affairs without due consultation
SOBE staff perceive prevailing school culture to be demoralising and demotivating, with record numbers having left the school or considering leaving. Need for independent review to assess scale of dissatisfaction is particularly required given Professor Hisham has faced serious allegations of bullying, at his previous workplace, as reported widely in the international media. At Deakin University, he faced bullying allegations and subsequently brought Federal Court Action against his previous employer.